Spring Cleaning with Norwex Challenge & My Favourite Things!

I'm not normally one to do a ton of spring cleaning, but there have been a few things in my house that have been bugging me so I feel like 'spring' is a great occasion to take the time to clean them.

I think I'll start off by sharing my favourite cleaning products.



Here they are, in no particular order:

The Enviro Cloth: I've had other 'microfibre' cloths before, but never have I had one that would stand up to this. In my experience, the cheap cloths usually end up pilling and holding on to lint and hair in the wash. Which is super annoying when you're trying to clean a window or a mirror, or something white. The Envirocloth gets clean and doesn't pill like that. It has teeny tiny microfibres that actually physically remove bacteria from surfaces with just water, instead of relying on chemicals to kill the bacteria on the surface itself. Those tiny micro fibres can really scrub! You can use them to clean ANYTHING. Seriously. They clean windows, walls, cupboards, floors, showers, stainless steel, cars, you name it, the Envirocloth can clean it. 

The Window Cloth: This cloth is what I refer to as 'the polisher'. It cleans anything that needs to shine. It too is made of microfibre, but it's a smaller pile, making it smooth to the touch. This cloth cleans windows, glass, mirrors, cars, faucets, stainless steel, and I use mine to polish my glass cooktop! 

The Dusting Mitt: This handy tool picks up and removes dust and hair from any surface, instead of just pushing it around a bit, or even better, fluffing it up into the air to resettle again later. You can use it wet or dry, depending on what you're cleaning. I also like it because it helps clean a lot of awkward things like decorative ornaments or vases, where you just wear it and run over it with your hand. Static can be created by folding it in half and rubbing it together fast. I clean mine by taking it outside and beating it on the side of my house a bit. When I'm all done it goes in the wash with the rest of my Norwex. You can also use this mitt to clean your window screens, just add a little bit of water and some Ultra Power Plus! 

The Cleaning Paste: This stuff is amazing. Seriously. It's like lemon scented elbow grease in a jar. It works perfectly with the Envirocloth to clean really tough messes. Like when your kid draws on your wall or table. Or when your husband boils over water on the cooktop because he doesn't know any temperature between OFF and HI. 

Ultra Power Plus: Yes, I do realize this is a laundry detergent. But hear me out. This stuff is amazing. If you need a little extra cleaning power, or you're cleaning something not suitable to use your Cleaning Paste on (ie: natural stone, brushed stainless steel, fabric), a teaspoon of this will go a LOOOONG way. I actually clean so many things with it, aside from my laundry, including my fridge, floors, mattress, shower, and whatever else I can find. Side note, this is the stuff you should be laundering your Norwex products in. It's free of chemicals and fillers, so nothing in it is going to coat your microfibres and stop them from absorbing, or leave streaks. Also, this is what you use to deep clean your Norwex, by soaking the items in boiling water with a tsp of Ultra Power Plus and then repeating until they're clean and the water doesn't discolour. This needs to happen if your cloths get visibly soiled and it doesn't come out in a regular wash. 

Finally, I have to talk about my superior mop system. This bad boy is key to keeping my house clean. I dry mop with it daily, to stay on top of the dirt, fir, food, you name it (really, name it, I have 3 cats, a dog, and a 5 year old, and an occasional house duck or chicken). I use the wet mop to mop my floors once weekly. 

That's not really all this does though. It is also amazing for cleaning walls, you know, for people who clean walls, ceilings, high windows, and even the top of your car (genius I know, I came up with that one myself). 

My trick to a streak free floor is to fill a big bowl with hot water and a tsp of Ultra Power Plus, then I soak my wet mop pad in the soapy water and ring out, then attach it to my mop. I do my whole floor like this, rinsing it off every so often. It really does a great job of getting the dirt or any messes and not leaving any streaks. 

There you have it! My absolute favourite Norwex cleaning products! 

And now for the Challenge!



Over the next few weeks I'll be walking you through a few spring cleaning chores and sharing how to do each one with Norwex! 

This week we'll be tackling: 

-Refrigerator 
-Doors/Door Frames
-Stove
-Light Switches
-Windows

Should be an easy week! Check back tomorrow for Day 1!

Oh, if you're interested in any of these products, you can check them out here

Comments