Why I Quit Beachbody Coaching

It's no secret if you've followed my social media over the past several years, that I was a Beachbody coach. It really seemed to surprise people when I quit. It wasn't a rash decision for me at all. I thought it over for months and months actually.

I had so many great experiences as a coach. I met some amazing people, I earned a cruise in the Caribbean for free, I went to visit my team mates in Arizona, and explored New Orleans with my team as well. I met the amazing Tony Horton, Sagi Kalev, and Joel Freeman. Realized how much I love lifting weights. I made some lasting friends. I built a business and helped some people get into fitness and wellness in general. I helped people who couldn't afford programs with free groups.
Working out with the amazing Chalene Johnson! 

In the beginning, I loved it. I was passionate about helping people. I didn't really care if I built a team or sold anything. It was nice to earn trips and whatnot, but at the end of the day I just wanted to make a difference in peoples lives.

However, I lost sight of what I wanted for ME. I felt the pressure to build a team and host bigger and better groups. I felt like a failure a lot of the time, and honestly it was for two reasons. I lost sight of my own health and fitness goals, and I didn't build this gigantic team that changed the world.

Mermaids <3 td="">

You could say that I made up excuses to not build a team, or work my butt off to create an empire, but heres the thing I couldn't get my mind around. I wasn't going to quit my job in nursing, I like being a nurse. Why was I working my butt off at this side business, making it a part time job (and if you build further it can become full time), when what I wanted was to work part time and enjoy my spare time. I wasn't doing anything I enjoyed anymore. I only read books about personal developement and business. I felt like I was on a wheel and it was going faster than I could keep up with. Oh top of all of that, I was neglecting my own health and fitness because I was trying to darn hard to keep up with everything else.

The man himself, Tony Horton! 
At the end of the day, I just stopped enjoying it. Sometimes, if you take a hobby and turn it into a job, it makes you hate the hobby. That's sort of what happened.

It was really hard for me to step away from coaching. I cried. I struggled. I talked to my friends about it. I hated being a 'quitter'. But, at some point, I had to start to think about myself. I had gained back a lot of the weight I had lost, I HATED dragging my butt downstairs and doing cardio all the time, I wasn't doing anything that I liked anymore. So I finally made the decision quit. It was sad and I hated leaving as much as I hated staying.

I'm grateful that I was able to do all that I did while coaching. It gave me so many great opportunities and I met some of the best people you will ever meet.

I quit this past fall, and after that I had literally zero interest in working out consistently or eating well. I needed a break. So I took it. I started back working out in December and have kept going ever since. The healthy eating thing is coming back, though I'm taking on a new perspective on it. I'll write about that another day.

Comments