New Years resolutions are for the birds

I realize it's 10 days into the New Year already. I really do. But I've been busy so I honestly have not had time to blog at all. I have been up until midnight and up for work the next day. I went to Fredericton and back on bad roads. So yeah.

In the past, I've always made big New Years Goals. I suppose part of that was because I was a Beachbody Coach and I needed to be there with my challengers when they were ready to start fresh. Part of it could have been because I thought things might be different that year. That I might stick to some diet or workout plan for the 6 weeks it ran for and then miraculously be a different person who didn't want (need?) chocolate daily.

I looked back at some old blog posts, and it's funny to see. I actually did change a few of the things. Others...not so much. Like for real though, I'm still not prompt. I'm also nowhere near a morning person. I have other good qualities though. No one's perfect.

I always have weight loss goals for the New Year. I never reach them. I know I'm a chronic self sabotager.

This year, I'm honestly, I am pretty much over making big resolutions. Especially in relation to New Years.

I did, however, begin honestly tracking my food, and counting my macronutrients, in a 'Flexible Dieting' manner, trying to hit my protein goal daily, and sticking to a calorie goal. I've been doing a lifting program for 3 weeks already, which I plan to continue. I also joined a team of 4 people with the goal of running/walking 2018 miles this year. I really need to pick up the slack on my end of that! Maybe I'll go listen to a podcast on the treadmill after I finish writing....maybe not....we'll see.

My REAL New Years Resolution this year is to NOT step on the scale in the month of January.

I let the scale run my life for a LONG time. Longer than I want to admit. I've finally been able to step away from it (albeit, I gained a lot of my weight back), and I want to focus on healthy eating and fitness and not on what the scale says. I will get on on Feb 1 and see where I'm at and reassess my macronutrient goals, but otherwise, I'm not looking.

Let me just say, that the other day, I looked at that stupid thing on my bathroom floor, and I almost gave in. I wanted to know. Since I'd been SO good the past few days hitting my numbers and getting my workouts in, that I didn't think it would hurt to just have a peek. Then I thought, no, I made myself a promise.

For the record, I did take photos. Those are more important than the scale. Oh, and I will do my measurements Feb 1st too.

SO, that's my resolution. It's unconventional, but that's how I roll.

Comments