2017

January

We started the year off with a little grip to Saint John, since we were prepping for our big trip, we thought a little over night trip to the city with Harper might be in order. Might has been to stock up on a few things as well. We took Harper to see Moana in theatres, her first. She didn't love sitting there for that long, and some of it scared her since it was so big and loud.

First movie in theatres! 
A little more than a week later, we were off on our Egypt adventure. It was awesome! G Adventures took great care of us. I'm currently writing another post about the trip, so stay tuned if you're interested.

An amazing adventure!

February

We had a pretty quiet month. I did the whole, one things per day that I love about you until valentines day for Harper. She liked it quite a bit.
14 Things I love about you

We did a little organization shelving in our laundry room.
Shelves!
Harper's birthday planning took up the rest of the month, along with work. We had a Paw Patrol birthday party. She loved it! 



March

Not a whole lot took place in March. It's yucky outside and cold, but I did end up taking Harper to Little Rey's Reptile Show in Saint John, which she was only marginally interested in. 

This snake moved, so she was interested hahaha

Lots of time spent inside with the cats.

Nox likes the sink

April

April was started with a quick trip to Moncton with friends, and eye doctor appointment that resulted in a pair of glasses.

We were able to get outside a bit more in April, even if it was chilly. 

Look mom! 

Easter is one of Harper's favourite times. She is STILL talking about it in December! 

BFFs

We took a quick trip to visit our friends in Yarmouth as well, and a fun trip to Halifax which we visited an awesome play zone and the Imaginarium. 

Mama got to go to Lush! 

I also picked up some duck and chicken eggs to attempt to hatch. 

Hoping for the best!
May

Much of this month was taken up by flipping eggs and nervously hoping that they would hatch. Only 2/8 chicken eggs hatched, but 5/6 ducks hatched. I loved having the baby ducks! 

<3 td="">
We took a trip to the zoo in Saint John. Harper never cared about going to the zoo, I honestly don't know why I keep taking her. 

Meow!

I went on a lovely girls trip to the city as well, spas, dinner, and drinks. 



I ended the month with a brand new tattoo!
Ursa Major & Ursa Minor
June

June was a fun month! 4 of us Nurses went to the NENA conference in PEI. It was great! 


I also took a trip to Arizona to meet me Beachbody Friends! It was a great weekend. I have to say, I can't get enough cactus! They're awesome! 

Sneaking into someones yard to get this pic! 

We had a crazy lightning storm on the island. I managed to get some pretty cool pictures.



The ducks continue to grow like weeds.

I took Harper to the fair in Saint John for the day. She loved it! 

Pure excitement! 
July

Harper started playing soccer for the summer. It was so fun for her. 



I had a bit of progress lifting. We bought weights in June and I am loving them still. 



Casey and I took a trip to the Beachbody Summit in New Orleans. I'm so glad we went. It was a great trip. I'd never have gone to NOLA otherwise. What a fun city! We did a ghost tour, ate a TON, and walked more. We saw the aquarium, which I loved, and took a tour of the city. I got my fortune read with tarot cards! 


The rest of July was filled with walks, bike rides, hikes, and market days. 


August

This month was filled with summer days. I love summer and fall. Harper continued to play soccer and loved it. 


Casey and I celebrated our 7 Year Anniversary. We took a trip to the city and did our first breakout room together. We got out with just under 2 mins to spare, using no hints. 



We took a trip to Moncton with friends. We went to the zoo, Magic Mountain, and Butterfly world. It was so fun. The kids loved it! 


Just in case you wondered how big the ducks were by August, here it is! 

Duckface?
September 

September was a slower month for us. I took Harper to the Saint John Exhibition. She loved it, even though it rained a lot, rides are fun either way. 


I took Harper and my mom apple picking in Frederinton and we went to visit my grandmther, as well as get my mom's passport in order. 

Apple picking at Everett Farms.

Oh, and we had a pond (small lake) dug in front of our home! 


Harper started IP hockey, which she doesn't really get to go to much right now, but I'm hoping to take her again in the New Year. 


October

We spent Thanksgiving weekend on a trip to North Conway with Harper and my Mom. It was a great time. I think mom and Harper really liked it, as it was their first time there. 


Our Halloween costumes were ON POINT!


November

Harper started Small Ball which she LOVES. 


Casey and I spent the night in Saint John as a little trip alone, and we did another Breakout room.


We had family photos done, which we love! 


 Fishing season began.


 December

I think I ROCKED our tree this year!



 I had a fun birthday doing a cookie exchange with a few friends.


 Harper worked really hard to decorate cookies for Santa.


 We had a busy but good Christmas.


We spend the last of 2017 with friends in Yarmouth, NS. It was a great way to end the year and begin a new one. 

This year really had been busy for us. Lots of changes and new things. Here's to a great 2018! 

Comments