Merry Christmas!

I'm terrible at blogging. I keep posting about how I'm going to blog more, but it never seems to happen. Honestly, I've been fairly busy since the middle of November. Plus there's the fact that our desktop sits directly in the sun most of the day, so I couldn't see to blog if I wanted to during the day, and at night, I'm not overly interested. 

Merry Christmas!

Well, mama got a Macbook for Christmas, so I have no excuses like that anymore. 

To be truthful, I think about writing almost every day. I miss it as an outlet. Hopefully I can continue to make time for it, now that I can move to a less blindingly-bright location in my house. 

The time leading up to Christmas is super busy for me (and most of the island) since lobster fishing is at it's peak and Casey is less than present. Once you get the shopping done (mostly), tree and decorations up, baking done, and work on top of that, Christmas just seems to be directly on top of you. 



Christmas Eve is always my favourite. I love the less-hectic time spent with family. This year, Harper was at her Grammy's most of the day, so I slept in (sort of), and had a quiet coffee in the morning. I even did my workout which is bizarre in my mind that I would even want to on Christmas eve but I did. I got dressed and took my mom out to run a couple of errands. After, I finished up the last bit of wrapping and then we went to Casey's parents house for our traditional Chinese feast for supper. 



Daddy & Harper dancing on Christmas Eve


After supper, we went to the Candle Light Service at church, then we got ready and went out to visit with family for the evening. We spend the evening with my Step Mother's side of the family. We play games, visit, and have dips and punch. We left around 9 and put Harper to bed. She was dead tired but was being really good. She went to sleep really well too, thank goodness. 

Christmas morning I got up at 5 and got dressed. I we went and opened gifts over at Casey's parents house, and I left for work around 7. I only had to work until 1:30 and Casey and Harper stayed at his parents house for the morning. It was snowing and blowing like crazy outside, and took a while to drive home, but I went and got my mom and came home. My dad, stepmom, sister, brother, grandmother, aunt, and cousins, as well as Casey's grandparents all came to watch Harper open her gifts. 

After that, we went to my Dad's house and she opened the gifts that she keeps there. Then we grabbed my mom again and we went to Casey's grandparents house for dinner and opening gifts with the family. 

We have to split our time up between a lot of family, and it's sometimes hard to get everyone in. We miss dinners with some of our family to be at dinner with others. We do try to get to see everyone a bit, but it might not be for long. 

I didn't take a ton of pictures. I just wanted to be present and enjoy the moments. We had one exhausted girl by the end of the day, but she did so well and was really good all day. I felt like I needed a nap around 4 pm, so I can only guess how she felt. 


Enjoying a quiet Boxing Day

Now that it's boxing day, we're just relaxing at home for the most part. I plan on being in my pjayamas for most of the day. I hope everyone had a great Christmas! 

Comments