August Rewind

Firstly, I'd like to say that I wrote the last post on my phone, and when I went to try and fix the photos that were supposed to be added to it, the whole thing went bananas, things were deleting from the middle of sentences, I couldn't get anything to work right. So it might look weird, but I can't figure out how to fix it. Apologies.

August was a pretty good month. Lots of fun was had by our family. Casey and I ended July with a date to celebrate being together for 12 years. Seems crazy right? He was 15 and I was 16 and we have been together since then!
Whale Cove Inn for Dinner

The Second Annual Grand Manan Mud Run took place and it was even muddier than last year. Seriously, the mud runs on the mainland have NOTHING on this one. They focus on the run part, this one is all about the MUD and the fun!


Photo Cred Jon Billings 
We added a new friend to our flock. Diablo is soooo handsome and well behaved. I'm a fan. Casey is not. Haha!

Handsome Roo

Casey and I went to Saint John for the night to celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversary. We went out to eat at Splash and I promptly got some wicked heartburn, and then we went to Breakout and masterminded the Jailbreak room. That means we used no hints. Yeah, that's right. We're smart.

So much fun!


We also added a new duck to our flock. Daffy is a bit smaller than the rest but he'll get used to the pecking order soon enough. Oh, and we put in this pond.

Ducks in a row!


We went to Moncton on a little mini vacation with our friends from Yarmouth. Harper really doesn't care for the zoo, except for the giant playground. At least she poses well.

Meerkats
The next day we spent the whole day at Magic Mountain, which Harper loved. We were there for the eclipse, but it wasn't much to see.

So excited! 
The next day we spent the morning at Butterfly World. It was super fun for Harper and Lexie, and I love the butterflies.

Look mommy! 

We took the skiff one day to White Head for a picnic on a random beach. The kids loved it.

Photo cred to Jon Billings

The next day we took a boat out and watched some whales. It was lovely.

We found some Humpbacks!
All month long there has been this lovely little Burrowing Owl at the Castalia Marsh here on the island. I love seeing him. He is a long way from home, and I hope he takes off and finds his way soon!

Not the best pic but he's so cute and tiny!



All in all, August was a good month! Also, Game of Thrones was AMAZING! Such a great season this year! I won't say anything about it, just in case there is anyone who is just watching it now. 

Comments