Body Image

Welcome to Weigh in Wednesday! Check out the other lovely bloggers in the linkup and post yours below! Grab a button and post it to your blog!


Weigh-in Wednesday!




This has been on my mind a bit lately. Not really much point to it, just a few thoughts.

What do you look like when you picture yourself? Not when you're looking in the mirror, but just in your mind. I wrote a post a looooong time ago about how when I was in university, I didn't realize how much weight I had gained. I didn't see myself as overweight and unhealthy. I was still 17 and healthy in my mind. What did it take to make me realize that my body had changed? Probably seeing photos of myself, and not fitting in my clothes.

The problem with that was, instead of taking action and getting healthy, I started hating myself. Trust me when I say that hating your body does NOT lead to a healthy lifestyle. It leads to the exact opposite. Crazy binge eating and living an almost completely sedentary lifestyle. It's rather unfortunate, because that's not what I NEEDED. It's too bad it took 8 years for me to catch on.

Live and learn!

The same weird thing has sort of happened since I lost all this weight. I still think that I look like I'm 215 pounds. I know I don't look 215. I don't feel that way either. But isn't it strange that it's what I THINK I look like?

My mind hasn't caught up. Again.

And I do realize, the scale isn't everything. I've been plateaued between 163-167 for 6 months. My longest by far. I don't even know if that's what you can call this. It's more of a 6 month long lack of  food discipline. I've only been able to get it together for a couple days at a time, and then I fall apart. However, I've been doing okay with my workouts. It hasn't been consistently one workout plan, but I've been moving, and that's great. Yesterday I did 2 one minute long forearm planks! I have never done that and I was so proud of myself!

This week I thought it would be a good idea to join another person's 21 Day Fix group, so I could be accountable to someone other than myself, since that seems to be what I needed. I believe I was in a group (other than the ones I run) when I had success before as well.

So far, I've had 2 perfect eating days I know every day won't be perfect but I'm really happy with the last 2. I did my workouts, no matter how much I didn't want to, especially yesterday after a really busy 12 hour day shift (3rd shift in a row too).


I'm also really proud of the fact that I went to the bakery yesterday for coffee and they had several rows of my favourite giant chocolate chip cookies, and I left with just a coffee. #winning I also had a Shakeology last night instead of the chips Casey was eating. Not bad, right?

I'm down 1.2 pounds from last week, which I'm happy with. Slow and steady!

How was your week?







Comments

  1. I never thought about my body image before starting my journey; I just wanted to be comfortable. Now I want to be comfortably cute or sexy LOL. I'm part of a couple of FB groups to help with my perceptions of my body now since I struggle with fully loving ME with the loose skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a daily struggle! You'll get there!

      Delete
  2. There's something to be said for maintaining your weight in that good range for 6 months! I was not able to do that. You are a strong chick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that when I was at my biggest (300lbs), I definitely didn't see myself as big as I was. Nowadays, it's the opposite; I'm always surprised when I see pictures of myself now and I don't automatically think "Ugh, what a fatty." That's probably more to do with the the work I've done on myself regarding health and body image in general, but it's a nice place to be--not hating every picture that I see of myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad You have been able to change your mind!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your loss! And I know exactly what you are talking about in not seeing ourselves how we really are. I think it was pictures along with finally stepping on a scale that helped me see what I had really done to myself. At 219, I thought I was still around 180. I mean yes, I owned a mirror and none of my pants fit but that still didn't seem to get the message to my brain. It was hard realizing how big I had gotten but it did give me the kick in the pants I needed to lose the weight. I still don't feel like I look that much different from then but I know that i do. It's really weird the tricks our minds can play on us. Totally with ya there.

    Oh, and I commented on and actually tried to link up to Weigh In Wednesday on June 1. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Um, Amanda, it's July 1, not June. lmao No, I'm not a blonde but, clearly, I should've been born one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Resisting cookies is definitely winning! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment