Weigh in Wednesday

I swear, night shifts are the devil. It took me like 2.5 days to feel normal after the 2 I did last week. I didn't work out, I ate weirdly. Not necessarily bad, just weird.

I don't have a ton to report this week. I stayed the same, weight wise. 164.4 pounds. I am glad that I weigh in Tuesday morning instead of Wednesday. Today is Casey's birthday. Yesterday I got a text from him saying that it would be best to have his birthday supper that day. So I frantically worked the rest of the day to make that happen. I did get my workout in, thankfully, but after I went to the grocery store, I kid you not, I ate half a bag of Smores Oreos followed by tacos for supper, and then cake and ice cream. 

Yup. 

That actually happened. 

After eating healthy by the 21 Day Fix all day long.

Good job, Winter. 

So, I sit at the computer, in the post sugar coma haze of last night, I can't help but feel guilt and shame. At what I ate. At my weakness in the face of refined sugar. At what stress does to my food choices.

Let's be clear here, I'm not as guilty about the cake and ice cream as I am the half bag of Oreos. It was a birthday party. I don't expect anyone to deprive themselves a cupcake and a small scoop of ice cream at a birthday party. Especially my cupcakes. I've gotten rather good at making them. Toot Toot!

What is so stupid about the whole thing is that I KNOW what I should be doing. I KNOW what refined sugar does to your body. I have read books, done programs, and taken part in challenges that all further drill this into my brain. I KNOW it, but still the sugar addiction is stronger. It's where I turned when I was given the afternoon (part of which Harper napped, so not much could get done other than making cupcake bases and thawing hamburger).

I went to the grocery store, and passed by the reverse engineered Smore kits (Oreo on the outside, marshmallow and white chocolate on the inside) and continued on with my gathering of what I actually needed to make tacos. Then I made the unfortunate trip down the cookie isle. I usually avoid it. There they were. I had no will power left apparently. How silly.

Last night, just before going to sleep, I asked Casey to rid the house of the left over cupcakes, peanut butter cups, and to get the Oreos out of my car. It looks like he did, thankfully.

I have a 21 Day Fix Challenge group starting on June 1st, so that will be lots of accountability for keeping my food choices under control. Until then, I'll continue to follow the program for the most part. I have no 'excuse' between now and the start of the challenge to make bad food choices, so I should be okay.

Here's to a great week!

Don't forget to linkup with the lovely bloggers on the same journey to health and fitness!

<!-- end InLinkz script —>

Comments