5 on Friday: Books!

These are my top 5 favourite books of all time. I've probably done this one before, but I don't care, I'm doing it again!

{ONE}

The Harry Potter Saga - J. K. Rowling

I grew up with Harry Potter. I was in grade 6 when the first book came out. I didn't read it immediately. I wasn't really a reader at that time, and there was quite a bit of fuss about it in my church. I think I read the first book in grade 8. I'm not sure why, but I imagine it had something to do with the fact that my friends all read Harry Potter, and the first movie came out around that time. I was hooked. The last book came out when I was in university, and the final movie came out the year after I finished university. I went to that movie with a friend from work and cried like a little baby. This was a huge part of my life, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. 

Luna tried to eat the Deathly Hallows
I've read the book series about 7 times, and I will so many more times in my life. I find something I didn't know was in there every time I read them. I highly recommend reading them, if you haven't. The first two are quick reads, and the really interesting things start happening in book 3. Read them!!


{TWO}

A Song of Ice and Fire Series - George R. R. Martin

Well of course this has to be on my list. It took me a really long time to read the 5 books that are actually out in this series, but it's a really great. Book 4 is rather tedious, but necessary. Casey and I are rather obsessed with this series, though he hasn't read it. The TV show is great as well. Just don't get attached to ANY of the characters!


{THREE}

The Women of the Otherworld Series - Kelley Armstrong

First of all, Canadian author!! 

This series is fantastic, with a great story line. She even has several short stories so you can keep reading about the characters, even when you're done the series. 

Also, they're making this into a series as well. It's called Bitten, and it's already in season two! 

{FOUR}

Almost anything by Dan Brown.

I really like his style of writing. I'm not sure why, but I get so caught up in his characters I can barely stand to put the book down! I just have to say one thing, and that is I didn't care for Inferno. There, it's out there. Sorry Dan Brown! It wasn't that great! I loved Robert Langdon too. Just not that book.

Deception Point and Digital Fortress were both great too, but often overlooked because they're not part of the Robert Langdon series.

{FIVE}

To finish this list off, it's what I'm reading right now:

The Outlander Series - Diana Gabaldon

It's another looooong and sometimes tedious series to read, but I'm in love with the characters so I don't want to stop. Currently working on A Dragonfly in Amber, which is book two in the series. I've got a long way to go!



Comments

  1. I'm reading through the Outlander series too, I just started The Fiery Cross (#5 I think) yesterday. Such great books!! I am so in love with Jamie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start reading the Dragonfly In Amber (#2). We read Outlander for book club and I really enjoyed it. Have you watched the show? I also need to start reading the Game of Thrones series. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment