Weigh In Wednesday {Post Vacation}

Good morning everyone!

I didn't get home until last Wednesday morning, so I didn't make it in time to post (not that I wanted to UGH!).

I'll just get right to it. Last week I weighed in at 165.6 pounds. That's an 8.8 pounds gain from the day before I left. That is me, totally reversing ALL of the hard work I did on the 21 Day Fix, and then a little more.

I'm mad at myself, but I'm not, at the same time. If that's possible. I had a good time on vacation. I ate whatever I wanted, but I stopped myself (for the most part) before I was uncomfortably full. I drank plenty of water, and not much soda or juice. I didn't go to the gym like I planned on. To be honest, we spent the day before the cruise walking around Manhattan, and I'm pretty sure we walked 30 blocks. I logged over 20 000 steps on my Fitbit, and if you think about it, I we sat for 3 hours on the planes and 3 hours watching Wicked. So in the rest of that time, we got 20 000 steps. We walked from central park to (almost) the Empire State Building. The next day, my hips hurt so bad, I could have stolen a scooter from an old lady and not felt too badly about it.

By the time my hips stopped hurting, it was time for our hike up the mountain. I have to say, I almost gave up about 75% of the way through. It was HARD towards the end. I wanted to have a hissy fit and leave. But I didn't. Thankfully. I'm actually proud to say that Casey and I stayed at the front of the group the whole time. The guide kept saying that at 65% of the way (before it gets really hard) he would have to stop anyone he thought wouldn't make it, due to some people having 'complications' farther up, and he kept looking at ME! That made me want to make it even more. And so we did!


After that, it was the trip home, which I didn't feel like doing anything at all. We walked a lot every day though, and played a lot of ping pong. I got pretty good actually! I think even Casey would admit I improved over the course of the cruise! He entered a tournament and came in second place! Go Casey!

This year, I was convinced to try the rock climbing wall again, and I made it almost to the top before I looked down and freaked out. I could have physically done it, no problem. Mentally, not so much.

So, since we've been back, I attempted to start the 21 Day Fix right away, which was a massive failure. I don't know what I was thinking, trying to start as soon as I got back, and going back to work right away, but at least I tried. I started again yesterday with my group and did pretty well. I've decided to do Turbo Fire workouts, but the 21 DF eating plan. I'm sore already!

This week I lost 2.2 pounds. Thankfully. I'm trying really had to be back on my game now. It may take 3 weeks to build a habit, but it doesn't take that long to break one!

Height: 5'3"
Last Week: 165.6
This Week: 163.4
Change: -2.2 Pounds
Total Loss: 46.6 Pounds


On an end note, here was last weeks #transformationtuesday picture. One year apart in St Maarten, over 30 pounds difference. Even Casey lost since last year!



Weigh In Wednesday

Comments

  1. Winter, where did you do the hike at? Was it in St. Maarteens? My husband and I are cruising there in April and I might like to do the same hike!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in St Kitts actually. It was SO hard!

      Delete
  2. So beautiful!! Vacations are so tough! You are doing great though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great loss! Looks like you had such a great time on vacation! I love your transformation pic! What a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great loss this week!! Congratulations! I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great loss! I'm all about enjoying vacations and not stressing about the weight too much. If you know you're making mostly good choices and the bad choices are just an indulgence since you're on vaca, I'm sure you'll have no problem getting those few extra pounds off. And obviously you've proven that - great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too, it wouldn't be much of a vacation if you were worried about every little calorie the whole time!

      Delete
  6. What a great accomplishment to climb that mountain! Oh my GOSH my hips hurt so bad like that after a lot of city walking too!! I totally get it. You and Casey look great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The painful hips really sucks! It happens if I do a lot of walking, no matter where I do it.

      Delete
  7. We all gain and lose weight from time to time. Its totally normal to gain on a vacation. Now that you're back, you'll get back to losing weight. I've actually gained and lost the same 10 pounds countless times over my weight loss journey. Its kind of annoying but I'm thinking its a normal part of life too. I love the pics and I love the Caribbean! (p.s. My blogger account is no-reply. If you want to reply to my comment, please email me at estherdavison@gmail.com. Thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You saw Wicked! What did you think? It's my favourite. I've seen it five times. lol. I'm kind of really really into musicals.

    I understand what you mean about being upset and not upset. You gotta live your life and enjoy your vacation. Sometimes that is just more important and the consequences are worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely loved Wicked! So amazing!! I love musicals too haha! I've been listening to the soundtrack to wicked for years!

      Delete

Post a Comment