My Favourite Restaurants Around The World For Thebesty.com

Hello everyone!

I was approached to do a post for TheBesty.com about the restaurants we've eaten at in our travels. I was kind of pumped about it, because honestly, when planning a trip, the first and most important thing I think of, is where we're going to eat! After giving it some thought, there are a few restaurants that really stick out in my mind, through our local travels and also abroad. Here are a few favourites!


Urban Deli - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

I have to say, this has been a favourite of mine for a long time. They are a deli/restaurant in the day time, and in the evening they turn into Italian By Night, which is also soooo delicious. It's a very small spot, so if you're going at lunchtime on the dot, be prepared to wait a little while. But I promise the wait is worth it!

My absolute favourite thing to eat here is their Artichoke and Parmasean dip. It literally says on the menu its "really frigging good" and they're not exaggerating. At. All. This dip alone is worth the trek uptown to eat.

They have root bear on tap from the Pump House in Moncton, which is great, because that's supporting local businesses!

To top off a scrumptious meal here, please try their carrot cake!! SO AMAZING!!

Seriously, a perfect meal for me at Urban Deli would include these three things, and that's it. Who needs a main dish when you have an amazing starter and a mountain of carrot cake?!

If you are indeed looking for a main dish, I have tried several of their dishes, and haven't ever been disappointed. I've had the mac and cheese, the chicken parm sandwich, and several other things.

Next time you're visiting Saint John, check them out! It's SO worth every calorie!!

You can check out their website here, for more information and a menu as well.

Graffiti - Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

I am sad to admit that I haven't been to Graffiti in a long time. The last time we were in Moncton we had other plans so couldn't go, and the time before that we had Harper, so it was easier to grab something fast.

This was one of our favourite places to go when Casey was in university. We went every year, at least once, and have never been let down. Service is good and the food is delish!

I also have to admit, that I have only ever eaten one thing at Graffiti. The steak. Oooooh man, that steak. I get hungry just thinking about it! Why?? Because it was wrapped in BACON!! I'm telling you, when we went there, we were both broke university kids, and we felt like we were living it up!

The fries that went with it were so good as well, and I feel like I had steamed veggies with mine, but honestly, who remembers the steamed broccoli when there's bacon wrapped steak involved?!

I highly recommend checking out Graffiti next time you are in Moncton. I'm sure they have many other things on their menu that are super tasty, but all I can dream about is the steak!

Disclaimer: I haven't been here in years, I'm not sure if they still wrap their steak in bacon or not but I REALLY hope they do!

Check out their website for a full menu!

Peaches Restaurant - North Conway, New Hampsire, USA.

Peaches was recommended to me by a friend, and she was sooo right in how good it was! We visited North Conway this fall, and actually ate here twice during our trip. I'm a breakfast girl. I love breakfast. Morning, noon, and night, I could eat breakfast and be a happy happy girl. It's what I choose for my birthday dinner every year!




The first time around, I had the Avalanche breakfast, with french toast. My breakfast was super yummy anyway, and I felt that the bacon was cooked perfectly for me. Not too chewy and not too crunchy. Just right! The whole time we both wanted to try the coffee cake, but didn't.

If you're there, and want to try the coffee cake, DO IT. Just do it. Seriously.

The next time there, I was a little more adventurous. I had the daily special, which was chocolate stuffed french toast with strawberries. Oh. My. Sooooo good! It was really rich and sweet and home made. How can you beat that?! Possibly by the peaches and cream coffee cake we had to start with! ;)

They even had a choice of dark or light roast coffee. Awesome!

If you're ever in North Conway, in their summer or winter season, Peaches is the place to be to get breakfast! Their website is here if you want to check out their menu!

Bikini Beach Restaurant - Orient Beach, St Martin

On our cruise earlier this year, we visited the island of St Martin/Sint Maarten. To say that the island is beautiful would be an understatement. It's absolutely breathtaking. We went on a tour of the island (which is actually two countries on one island!), and were able to stop on the French side to enjoy Orient Beach for a while. It was gorgeous there. We were hungry, so we stopped at Bikini Beach Restaurant.

Due to the language difference, it was a bit more difficult ordering than we'd like, but both of us managed to order ourselves a burger and fries without too much trouble. I have to say, it was yummy, and just sitting in a bar on that beautiful beach was enough to make you want to go back for another burger!


They don't have a menu on their website, but it's here if you want to check them out!

The Hogs Head Inn, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Orlando, Flordia, USA.


Prior to our cruise last year, we visited Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure. Almost exclusively so I could see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, I grew up with the books, and the last movie came out when I graduated university. Walking into this area of the park was like stepping in the books. I couldn't help but be totally amazed. I loved the whole thing, even seeing the silly singing frogs! It was really crowded but it was worth it.

We chose to eat dinner that day at the Hogs Head Inn, which is an inn that is frequented in the books. The atmosphere was amazing. Exactly like you would read about, just scaled up to fit more people. I chose sheppards pie and Casey had a turkey leg and fries. Honestly, the food was yummy (and probably some of the healthiest you could get at a theme park!) but if you're there, you've GOT to try the frozen Butterbeer!! SO yummy!!


You can also buy regular butterbeer and pumpkin juice, two things that are popular in the book series. It was such an amazing experience being immersed in one of my all time favourite books. I highly recommend this place, especially if you're a Harry Potter fan! Check out the WWOHP website here.



So, if you haven't checked them out already, go to thebesty.com and check out some great restaurants in your area. You can make your own wishlist of where you want to eat, and see others ratings as well. A great tool for finding the perfect place to eat out!!

Comments

Post a Comment