Me and My P90

I'm very sad to say that me and my P90 had to put our relationship on hold.

It's been a long and kind of scary few weeks, but here it is.

First, I had to take a break because I strained my knee at hockey one night, and the squats/lunges were making it worse.

Then, all of a sudden, I was dizzy. I've been dizzy on and off for the better part of two weeks now. Last week at work, I was so dizzy I almost fainted a couple of times. I lost all my colour and had to shut my eyes and grab something a few times. I spoke to the doctors there about it, because even they couldn't help but comment on my almost transparent complexion.

Over the next couple days, I had my blood pressure checked a few times, and my bloodwork done for everything the doctors could think of that would make a person dizzy. Everything was normal. So, we were looking at a possible Meniere's Disease or something of the like. Meniere's gives your episodic vertigo (extreme dizziness).

Then, around last friday, I had a brainwave. I spoke to the doctors about it, and they believe I've hit the nail on the head. I was experiencing a side effect of a medication that I took regularly. Benadryl. I used it for ages and ages to sleep at night. It had never bothered me before, but I was wondering if that might be it. So, I stopped taking it. Ever since then, I've been less dizzy for sure, but not 100% yet.

So, seeing as I can't really turn my head without being extremely dizzy at times, I haven't been working out for a while. I have gone to hockey, and been okay, but I have had to skip it a couple of times because I haven't felt well enough to go.

Today I felt pretty good so was able to do a 30 minute workout without any trouble. I didn't feel dizzy at all so I'm hoping that's a step in the right direction. This would come at the worst possible time. When I need to workout to counteract at least some of the goodies! 



That's what I've been up to the past couple of weeks.

In other news, I've been accepted into the Fitfluential Ambassador program! I'm very excited about this! I'm hoping to get some good opportunities to blog for them!

How about you? Have you been working toward your fitness goals during the holiday season? 

Comments

  1. So glad things are a little better for you!!! Hope you feel 100% soon.

    And Congratulations on the Fitfluential! Very deserved. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I'm getting better daily.

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. My mom had meniers and it was really bad for her. Fortunately, she is feeling better too. estherdavison@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment