Home

In case you've missed it in my previous posts, I've mentioned here and there that we're in the process of having our home built. I haven't really shared much about it on facebook, but I wanted to share on here.

We started clearing last winter. It was all still kind of a dream then. Even though we were standing where we would build, I still didn't really believe it would happen.


The day that they came to start the driveway, I literally squealed when I heard them. By the way, we live where I took this photo from currently, we're just moving up the hill! These were taken in the spring.




That was as far as they got for a while. Finally, one day I heard the truck coming up the road, getting ready to clear the top of the hill, where the house will stand.




Ready to start work!



Pipes and some foundation!



I never appreciated how much ground work this house would take, until the day they hauled 40 dump truck loads of gravel in to back fill, in behind that tall wall, to where I stood to take then next photo. This will be our front door. I can't wait to show you view, once the rest of the trees are cut (or blow down) this winter.


The basement floor is in!


And that's all I have so far.

This truly is a dream come true for us. We've had our house plans picked out for over two years. We fell in love with the floor plan/design and no matter how many other plans we looked at, we always ended up comparing to this one. It's been a long summer waiting for fall to come. Everyone said once it starts, it'll go so fast, and I think they're right! 

They've been up there actually building the house for about 2 weeks now, and it is coming along so fast! I can't wait to share more with you all. 


Comments

  1. We're looking at building our home next summer! You'll have to share your plans with me, I'd love to see them! Cannot wait to see more photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very exciting business! Our floor plan is from Beaver Homes & Cottages http://beaverhomesandcottages.ca/Model/Cedar-Glen-II

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Can't wait to follow the progress along :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment