July Goals Recap and New Goals With #GYSTS14

It's hard to believe that it's September already!

August has been a hard month. With the summer going the way it has, especially at work, I'm actually glad this year to see some of the leaves turning colours on the trees. I know that autumn won't bring easier times, but a chance of season will be nice.

Weight loss wise, I did alright, with a 2.6 pound loss for the month (a little more than that, but it doesn't really count because my weigh in is scheduled for the 2nd). This is right on track for me, as I've been losing slowly, but steadily. For the most part, I average 2-5 pounds a month. My doctor said he recommended 2 pounds a month, an average of 0.5 pounds a week, which is doable for anyone. 

Last month, I made some goals for myself in this post. I thought I'd go over them again. 

1. Drink at least 90 oz of water a day. Nope. 

During the time I was sick I didn't drink nearly enough water. I had electrolyte drinks instead. I don't think that counts, and even if it did, it wasn't 90 oz. 

2. Move at least 30 mins a day, win the challenge at work! ;) Done!

As of yesterday, I have done 62 days straight of 30 minutes of some kind of exercise. Whether it be just a walk, running, or doing a workout video. Much of this month was spent walking, because I obviously didn't fell quite up to running while I was sick and during the aftermath of the accident. I am really proud of myself. Me and one other lady at work have both won the challenge (as far as I know). 

3. Get through our family vacation without #eatingallthefood Fail. 

I already posted about it here, but I didn't even come close to meeting this goal. I did #eatallthefood and it was wonderful. 

For September my goals will be:

1. Lose 3 pounds.

Pretty reasonable. I hope! I'd be down to 165!

2. Drink 90 oz of water daily.

This time I'm going to do it!! (I know, I said that last month too, haha!).

3. Continue my streak on MyFitnessPal!

217 days and counting!

4. Get 30 mins of exercise in daily again this month. Post it to Instagram with #GYSTS14.

We're doing the challenge at work again. I don't think as many people will join, but I'm doing it again for sure!

Also, I'm joining Ash for Get Your Sh*t Together September 2014. She's doing a Dietbet as well, but I'm not joining that, as I don't think it's reasonable for me to lose 6.7 pounds in a month (4% of my weight). Last time I did it, I missed by less than a pound! Frustrating! Go check out her blog and search #SYSTS14 for the deets!




Comments