Weigh in Wednesday

Sorry I was MIA last week. I was sick in bed! I got a call from my dad to bring him some pepto on Sunday night, because he was not feeling well. Tuesday morning at 3 AM I woke up SICK!

So, between not feeling like eating after the accident, and being sick, I saw a 5.5 pound loss on the scale. I decided not to post that because:

1. I wasn't even thinking about writing a blog post from my bed.

and 2. There was no way I had actually lost that much weight. I was just sick and dehydrated.

Incidentally, a few days before I got sick, Casey was having it over that the only guaranteed way to lose weight is to get sick, because you neither want to eat, nor can. I disagreed, of course, because I don't believe that's real weight loss. You're not losing fat when you're sick like that. You're losing fluids, muscle mass, and let's just say your GI tract is REALLY cleaned out.

I was really sad about losing the #aguastchallenge with Jess from Operation Skinny Jeans. I was rocking that challenge, but there's no way I could have gotten 90 oz of water into me that day. Oh well!

Thankfully, I felt well enough tuesday evening to get out for a walk, so I didn't lose the challenge at work!! Yay! I'm gonna win that bad boy! There's money on the line! As of today, I've done 58 straight days of 30 mins of SOME type of exercise. Many days, it's just a walk, but I do workouts or running whenever I can. It's been rather difficult with my weird work schedule!



This weekend was terrible for me food-wise. A new take out opened here on the island this summer, and we've been waiting specifically for this weekend to go out with the friends that we had down. I've been dreaming about lobster poutine for months. Seriously. Anyway, I didn't get it, I felt like it would make me feel sick, so I got the lobster roll with onion rings, which was yummy. I tried Casey's lobster poutine and I can see why everyone likes it, but I don't think it's something I'd love. Thank goodness! Other than that, there was an abundance of junk food, including pancakes, bacon, cookies, chocolates, chips, tacos, and probably a bunch more. I don't feel like I went totally crazy with the food, but I can tell you that I didn't track my calories properly. I had a great time though, and really REALLY needed it. Good friends, good food, and good times can really make you feel a LOT better!

Anyway, moving on to this weeks actual weigh in! Linking up with Heather, Ash, and Erin!


Weigh In Wednesday
Over the last two weeks, I've lost 2.2 pounds. I'm very happy with this, since I knew that losing 5.5 pounds wasn't realistic for me. I ate a ton of junk over the weekend too, so I'm very happy. This 2.2 pound drop puts me into the 160s which is so unbelieveable for me. If you asked me a year ago how much I thought I'd weigh in a year, I'd say that I would hope to be in the 180s, so lost 20 pounds. I've totally met and exceeded my goals already, having lost over 40 pounds since last October. I'm beyond happy! 

Height: 5'3"
Last Week: 171.4
This Week: 169.2
Change: -2.2 pounds
Total Loss: 40.8 pounds

Also, Winter is Coming September is coming SO SOON!! Check out Ash's challenge for the month of September, she looks like she's putting together a prize pack, so I'm TOTALLY in on that one!


Comments

  1. Yikes so glad you are feeling better and you were able to keep the streak going! Wonderful loss this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're feeling better...I agree about the whole "weight loss" thing when sick. Definitely not fun--but great job with the 2.2 pounds! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmigosh that button is hilarious! I just lost 4 lbs last week! really proud of myself!

    Makeover With Aspen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join up with us! :) Great job!! 4 pounds is amazing!

      Delete

Post a Comment