Cookbook Review: America's Most Wanted At The Grill

I'm not going to lie, when I got the offer to review a cookbook, the first thing that came to my mind was "Oh man, I'm a terrible cook! I can't believe I agreed to do this!!" (Yes, I can bake. That's totally and completely different).

Then, the book arrived in the mail, and I opened it up, and realized what I had.



America's Most Wanted Recipes: At The Grill by Ron Douglas. 

A bunch of recipes from all the restaurants I never get to go to because I live in Canada!

I was totally pumped!!

Actually, I could hardly decide on what recipes to cook first. Once I did, I went out and bought the materials, and then realized that Casey hadn't filled the propane on the BBQ...So that plan went up in smoke pretty quickly.

Finally, last weekend we got a refill on propane and I was set to cook.

I decided to go with the recipe for Denny's, Grilled Red Potatoes and Outback Steakhouse, Steakhouse Style Dry Rub.

Casey learned how to cook steak really well, so I did it the way he said. After applying the dry rub to the steak, I heated the oven to 200 F. I placed the steaks on a pan, and put them in the oven for 45 minutes. When the timer was up for that, I put them on the grill, for a couple minutes on each side. They were absolutely delicious! I have never in my life made a better steak!




As for the Grilled Red Potatoes, I followed the recipe (this is why I'm not a good cook, I usually don't follow the recipe very well) except for I didn't have red potatoes, I used white. Same difference. I put them in the tinfoil like it said, and put them on the BBQ. I even timed it all right, so I could have everything done at once. Pretty professional, if you ask me!



I paired these with some roasted zucchini with garlic and parmesan. So yummy!

I have to say, usually when I cook something, and Casey says "This is really good" I have to fess up and say half of it came from a box. Not this time! I was quite thrilled about that!

Would I recommend this book? Absolutely! I actually really want to get the America's Most Wanted Just Desserts. I feel like that would be really helpful in my weight loss journey. Haha! But seriously. Go check out these recipe books on Amazon! The price is really quite reasonable if you ask me.

Go check it out!!

Comments