Sleep Safety

Last week I posted a bit about our journey with sleep training Harper. For us, it has gone really well, and as I wrote in that post, I always recommend Healthy Sleeping Habits, Happy Child to everyone who asks.

As I was writing that post, I realized I wanted to write about sleep safety soon, since it's something I am really quite passionate about.

There is a ton of great information on the Public Health Agency of Canada website. They give tons of guidelines for creating a safe sleep environment. Please check them out, they have a great printable pamphlet too!

As I mentioned before, Harper slept in our room for about 4 months. We felt she was ready to transition to her crib in her own room. We have been pretty on top of everything else when it comes to sleep safety. 

One extra thing that we use here in our home that I personally feel has been wonderful for our family is the Aden + Anais sleep sack. Harper was born in February and we live in Canada so it just wasn't possible to have her sleep in only a warm pair of pyjamas. Just an FYI, they have nice little swaddles for newborns too! 



So far, we have tried the cozy sleep sack and the regular sleep sack. The cozy one is super thick and warm which is perfect for the cold winters we have. Harper currently is sleeping in a regular sleep sack from them. It got way too warm for the cozy sleep sack so we got her a thinner one. She is currently in a medium with tons of room to grow. 

It's pretty amazing how a little work makes a difference in decreasing the risk of SIDS drastically!

Comments

  1. Happy Canada Day!

    I've never seen sleep sacks before. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We love the sleep sacks, since she never wanted to be swaddled!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment