One Year and Beyond - How to Find Time for Blogging

I get several people asking me how I have time to blog.

The real answer to that is that I don't! I make time. Just like I make time to run, walk, garden, and eat healthy.

Honestly, I have neglected Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook in order to blog as much as I want. It's almost always at night, after Harper is to bed. Many people at work ask me if I've seen a video or photo on Facebook, and I have to tell them that I haven't been on much lately. I just don't have the time, and I don't really enjoy it anymore. I don't feel like I'm missing out.

I really do try to do posts the week before I have to post them, so that I can edit as much as I'd like. I like to be grammatically correct! I write my ideas down when they come to me, in a list on my iPhone. I've got my blog schedule written into my Erin Condren Life Planner, but to be quite frank, it almost never happens how I'd like it to. Once in a while, I'll be ahead of myself for a week, but then I'll do my long work week and end up behind again.

I participate in quite a few linkups, which if you read my blog, you know already. Although, if I don't have an idea to write about, I just skip out on that week.

No matter how much I try to be organized, here I find myself, 10 PM the night that I should have a post written, just starting the post. I'm not even surprised!

I like to think of it as my me time. I enjoy blogging and find it relaxing most of the time. Once in a while, I begin to feel discouraged about it, and someone will send me a message or tell me at the store that they read my blog and enjoy it. I find myself shocked every time, though I'm not sure why. It helps me remember why I enjoy it!

So do I have any tips for making time for blogging?

- Write ideas down as they come. I'm still working on this. 
- Use the blogger app to work on posts in your down time. If you have any!
- Enjoy what you do. If you don't, reassess why you're doing it at all.
- Try to be organized. In all aspects of life, it makes things run a bit smoother.

It's not much but it's the best I've got! Good luck!

Linking up for One Year and Beyond.

Comments

  1. Blogging is hard and it can be hard to find time, but you're right, if you enjoy it, you'll MAKE time. I need to write down topics as they come to me. That's why I like linkups. Instant blog post! :)

    I love your blog, Winter! Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, linkups are the best. Especially when they give you a topic! Like this one! :P

      Delete

Post a Comment