Happy Nurses Week!

I love my job.

I love that it makes a difference in people's lives, even if it doesn't seem like it all the time.

This week, the Canadian Nurses Association is celebrating Nurses Week!

I often have people tell me they would never in a million years want my job. Usually it's when I'm cleaning up poop.

The thing is, poop is poop. Everybody poops.

Also, cleaning up poop is really just a small part of what a nurse does.

Being a nurse means so much more than that.

Actually, one of my absolute favourite things to do for my patients is give them a warm blanket. I love hearing their reaction when I do.

How simple is that? Just giving someone a warm blanket can change their day. Providing comfort for someone who needs it. It's a great feeling.

So, I just wanted to take a couple of minutes and write a short post to say Happy Nurses Week to all my fellow nurses! If you're not a nurse, take the time to thank one for all they do. It makes our day ;)


Comments

  1. Happy Nurse's Week!!! Our's here in the US was last week--didn't realize you were in Canada! I'm also an RN--and it's the best job in the world--even with the poop:)
    Hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes it was last week for you guys. I thought it was for us too, so I went on FB and said Happy Nurses Week, only to be corrected by all my coworkers! LoL thank you!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait until I'm really a nurse! Next year this time! Happy Nurses Week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment