Liebster Awards

Samantha over at Easy-Peasy Mom nominated me! Go check her out at http://www.easy-peasy mom.com. 


I must admit this is the first I've ever heard about this but it's super fun so here goes!

How it works: You give 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you. You then nominate 11 other bloggers (with less than 200 followers) and give them 11 questions to answer. 

11 Facts About Me 

1. I've been battling with my weight since my first year of university. It's a war really. One I hope to win in the end. That's why I blog about it so much. 

2. I have a large blended family. I've got regular family, in law family, step family, family by association and probably more. I'm closer with some than others, but that comes with living on a secluded island. Obviously I would be closer to those who are stuck there with me. 

3. Every night of my childhood my mother and I sang the song I Love You, You Love Me from Barney together. I'm not entirely sure why but I was just something we did. I think it's adorable. 

4. My 'desert island' men include Adam Levine, Eric Northman (the character not the actor himself), and Kit Harrington. It changes frequently. Gotta keep up with the times. 

5. I hate rap. Except for the occasional old school Eminem. Don't ask, I don't know why. Also, I think Snoop Dog (lion?) has a ridiculously sexy voice. 

6. I love to read, but it has to be interesting from the beginning, or I shun it for about a month. I have a hard time giving up on a book. I hate leaving it unfinished. I rarely do it. I force myself to finish it even it takes me 6 months. No wonder my reading list never gets smaller. 

7. A personal dream of mine is to be an amazing cook. Not baker, cook. I can bake cupcakes like no ones business but I'm only an okay cook. I wanna be amazing. 

8. I'm really into musicals. Anything Disney, Sweeney Todd, Glee, The Phantom of the Opera, Hairspray, etc. I want to see Wicked on broadway so bad it hurts. 

9. I don't like blueberry flavoured anything, but I love blueberries. 

10. I hated university with a passion. I did not enjoy being in school. I stuck through it for 4 years and I'm glad I did because I love my job but I'd never do it again. 

11. I love to travel but I'm somewhat of a nervous traveller. I like to do my research before I go. I long to just take a back pack and go to Italy with no plan. Not likely that it will ever happen that way though. 

11 Questions I was Given to Answer

1. What was your first car? 

A light purple dodge neon. Her name was Mert. I miss her. 

2. Favourite childhood stuffed animals name?

I had a Barney stuffed animal but what I really loved was my Bambi pillow. 

3. Tea or coffee?

Both? I drink coffee every day but I like Teavana tea in the evenings. 

4. Where did you last walk to?

Yesterday we walked all over Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. Fun!

5. What is your favourite movie if all time and why?

I'd say the Harry Potter series. I grew up with Harry Potter. Reading the books & watching the movies. I love them and they're a big part of my childhood. 

6. Worst recipe fail while cooking also was it for dinner, a birthday etc? What did you do instead? 

I tried to wing curry chicken and rice for supper once but it was a massive failure. We ate leftovers instead I think. 

7. Did you play any sports as a child? 

I played volleyball and soccer in high school. Not well but I did. 

8. What TV series are you watching right now?

Dr. Who. Love it!

9. Favourite baby names?

Girls: Arya, Maggie. 

Boys: Oliver, Hudson, Jeremiah.

10. Who did you call last? 

Denise at work. Responding to her call. Telling her I couldn't work because I was going south. 

11. If you could move anywhere in the world and bring all your friends and family with you, where would you go and why? 

Somewhere on the outskirts of London, England. For several reasons. First, the language barrier would be minimal. Second, the culture is one of my favourites. Third, their climate isn't extreme one way or the other. Lastly, it makes all of Europe more accessible, which I need to travel heavily before I die. Also, I'd be a more likely candidate for the next Doctor Who's companion if I lived there ;)

11 Questions for my Nominees

1. Do you prefer sweet or salty? 
2. Where does your dream vacation take you?
3. Top thing on your bucket list?
4. What's a skill you wish you had? 
5. Favourite book?
6. What is your biggest fear/phobia?
7. Favourite actor you love for their acting, not looks. 
8. Are you a good sleeper? Do you need things like white noise, ambient light? 
9. Favourite subject from grade school?
10. Any secret talents?
11. Favourite tv series?

My Nominees

Oneplusoneequalszusans.com
Tatlockstruths.blogspot.com
Gingermommyhood.blogspot.com
Youmeandcapri.blogspot.com
Skinnygeekwithin.blogspot.com

Here are the Rules

This award is for bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It works like this: you start by being nominated by a fellow blogger who likes what you have been posting, then you tell 11 random facts about yourself, and answer 11 questions. You then get to nominate 11 fellow bloggers and give them 11 questions to answer. Have fun and comment below when you have re posted I cannot wait to see who you all nominate!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the nomination! :) Looks like I've got my Monday post filled. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment