Mexican Quinoa Salad

I saw this recipe this week on Pinterest, and I really wanted to try it. I've been struggling to find healthy things to eat for lunch other than just a plain salad. So thought this might be worth a try.

As always, I change recipes around quite a bit, and it was no different with this one.

Ok, I forgot to add the corn!! 


So, here's my version of this Mexican quinoa salad, adapted from this recipe.

Ingredients
1 small box of uncooked quinoa
1 C. of canned black beans
1 C. of corn (frozen or canned) unthawed
1 C. diced cherry tomatoes
1 diced red bell pepper
1/4 C. fresh chopped cilantro

1/3 C. olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1 Tbsp minced garlic (more if you like)
1 Lime (juiced)


Instructions
-Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the box.
-Prepare your 'dressing' and vegetables while the quinoa cooks.
-Mix everything together and enjoy warm or cold.

I say this serves 6, it may be a little more or less around a cup or so each.

I put everything into My Fitness Pal and it tells me this for nutritional information:
Calories - 278
Carbs - 35
Fat - 13
Protein - 8
Sodium - 126
Sugar - 3


Comments