Oreo Cream Cheese Frosting

Thought I'd share my frosting recipe that went with the cupcakes I made yesterday. Enjoy!

Oreo Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients
1 Cup Butter (Room Temp)
8 oz. box of Cream Cheese
1 Tsp. Vanilla
4 Cup Powdered Sugar (I sometimes need more)
1 Cup Oreo Baking Crumbs (OR ground oreo cookies)

-If I'm using ground Oreo pieces, do yourself a favor and remove the white stuff from the middle. They do not grind nearly as well if you don't.
-In an electric mixer, combine butter and cream cheese until well blended.
-Add vanilla.
-Add powdered sugar, 1 Cup at a time. Remember, I sometimes like to use a little more powdered sugar. I always pipe my frosting, so I want it to hold its form on top of the cupcake.
-Add Oreo crumbs.
-Mix well.
-Pipe onto cupcake, enjoy!

**Hint** If you are interested in making the Oreo Cupcakes that I made, I put a whole large Oreo on the bottom of my cupcake liner before I add the cupcake batter. Then I use this frosting, pipe it on in swirls, and add a mini Oreo for garnish. Enjoy!

Comments