Mom's Sugar Cookies

I made this recipe for sugar cookies all the time when I was growing up. I might be partly bias because it's my mom's recipe, but its pretty awesome. Never had better sugar cookies in fact. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Mom's Sugar Cookies (Yield 24 Cookies)




Ingredients

1/2 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
3 Eggs
1 Tsp. Almond Extract
1 Tsp. Vanilla
2 Tsp. Baking Powder
2 1/3 Cup Flour


-Heat oven to 350 F.
-Grease a cookie sheet.
-Cream butter and sugar until well blended.
-Add eggs, almond extract, and vanilla.
-Mix well, scraping edges as needed.
-Add flour and baking powder.
-Scrape your edges!!
-Drop into 1-2 inch drops on the cookie sheet.
-Wet the bottom of a glass, then dry it a little.
-Dip glass in sugar, and squish down the cookies. Do this for every cookie.
-Bake for 8-10 minutes.
-Remove from cookie sheet to cool on wire rack.
-Enjoy!

Comments