Life is Flashing Before my Eyes

Well I'm not dying, but it just seems like time is flying. Literally. I can't even believe it is almost the end of November already. This week is thanksgiving for my American friends, and after that it seems like Christmas will be here in the blink of an eye.

This time last year (and the year before that) I had all of my Christmas shopping done. Some of it was even wrapped if I recall correctly. This year I feel so behind. I did everything over the Internet last year. It was rather brilliant. I didn't even have to enter a store if I didn't want to. I think maybe its because I feel a tad bit overwhelmed over all the things I need to get/do before the baby arrives.

I realize that not every little thing needs to be done before the baby arrives. She won't even be in her nursery for a few weeks at the least, and she obviously isn't even going to care what it looks like. The furniture for it is supposed to arrive around December 12 or so. Once we get that all set up I will probably feel a tiny bit better. The rest of the stuff for the nursery is mostly just decoration crafts that I can plan on doing in my last month of pregnancy, when I'm no longer working. Maybe if I made a list of the things I need to buy I would feel better about it. I like having lists.

Ok well I made a list. It only has 3 things on it that are super important. Now I really feel like I'm forgetting something. I will just have to keep working on it.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get my Christmas shopping mostly done this weekend. I've been holding off somewhat because a friend is having a a Scentsy party this Saturday and I figured that I might get some people gifts from that. Turns out they have some pretty sweet packages you can get. I'm hoping its as good as it looks. Casey wants a golf bag and a drill (for some strange reason). I think I'll get him a couple shirts too. He usually ends up downgrading some good shirts to work ones so that would be good.

So the next 13 weeks that I have before my due date are going to fly. Only a little over 4 weeks until Christmas and then New Years then just a few weeks after that I will be done work. If all goes well I will be working my normal schedule until the middle to end of January. I have a lot of trips and appointments between now and then too.

And today I posted on Facebook that I would start taking orders for cupcakes. I have wondered whether to do that for a while now, but I just decided to do it. I really like making them and I feel like I can make a bit of extra cash by doing it. It is also gonna make me pretty busy on top of all the stuff I need to do already. I suppose it will be good to make the time go pretty fast.

I am fairly ready to be not pregnant any more. I know I need to keep cooking and be thankful for a healthy pregnancy. I think I may be getting a bit of baby envy or something. Lots of people I know are having their babies right around now and I am jealous. I want to be able to snuggle my baby girl. All in due time I guess.

Comments