Chicken Noodle Soup

I found a recipe on Pinterest for chicken noodle soup, but I didn't like it as much the way it was, so here is MY version with alterations. Very yummy on a cold day!


Chicken Noodle Soup (Yields 4 Lg. Servings)

Ingredients
-6 Cups Chicken Broth
-2 Chicken Breasts. Cooked. Diced/shredded.
-1 1/2 Cups of Egg Noodles
-1 Cup Chopped Celery
-1 Cup Chopped Carrots
-1 Medium Chopped Onion
-1 Tsp. Dried Basil
-1 Tsp. Oregano
-Dash of Black Pepper
-1 Bay Leaf

-Cook & dice your chicken. I like to boil my chicken.
-Prep all your veggies while your chicken is cooking.
-Add broth, celery, carrots, onion, basil, oregano, pepper, and bay leaf to a large pot. Bring to a boil.
-Reduce heat and let mixture simmer for 5 minutes.
-Add chicken & noodles.
-Simmer for another 10-12 minutes.
-Remove bay leaf & discard.
-Ladle up and enjoy!

**Warning** Do not add any more noodles than what the recipe calls for, unless you plan to add more broth. I did this foolishly the first time I made this, and the noodles soaked up all the broth, leaving me with noodles and veggies. Still tasted good, but was a weird soup.

Comments