3D Miracle!

Well, I'm totally in love!

How on earth couldn't I be!? I saw my baby in 3D! What an amazing moment that was! Its been 2 days now, and I am still finding myself flipping through the pictures that I saved to my iPhone just so I can see her beautiful little face again!

Don't get me wrong, I started allowing myself to be excited after our anatomy scan last week. After finding out we are having a girl, I was totally shocked! Also, since they told us that she is growing and developing wonderfully, I was totally relieved. For some reason, I have it in my mind that I'm going to grow her wrong. Does that sound crazy or what?! Well, after our 3D scan, I saw her little face, her 10 fingers and 10 toes, and how active she was. That gave me the peace that I needed.

It also confirmed 100% that this baby is a girl! I was still sort of doubting from the regular ultrasound. I swear, half of the 3D ultrasound was spent trying to show us all that it was a girl, and pointing out the parts!

Our baby girl put on a great show! She flipped and flopped. She was attempting to put her hand in her mouth (unsuccessfully) when we started to watch in on her, and finally she decided that she couldn't do that, so she switched to trying to put her foot in her mouth! We watched her yawn, smile, and wiggle for a total of 30 minutes.

Seeing our little miracle on that screen really made this whole thing real for me. I realized that I can't wait to hold her in my arms, kiss her, and tell her how much I love her. I never thought it was possible to love a person you have never met before, but it (inexplicably) is.

We had a great time at the ultrasound. My mother, father & step mother, and mother & father in law all came with my husband & I. We all went to lunch before the ultrasound, which is something that has never happened before. Not that we don't all get along, but it just doesn't happen. During the ultrasound, I could see their reactions to our little girl. I could already see the love growing for her in this family. What a wonderful family she is being born into. So much love already! I also realized one other thing. While they're around, I'm never gonna carry my baby! I may have to hire a bouncer at my hospital room door! (Kidding of course).

I couldn't feel more blessed and in love!

Rubbing her eyes


Trying to get a hand in her mouth


Comments